In our Mindfulness & Heartfulness Digital Meditation Course for Kids, we learn how to make a daily gratitude list. Gratitude infuses mindfulness with heartfulness (kindness & compassion)
Being grateful means to be thankful for someone or something positive in your life.
- Start by getting into a comfortable position. You can sit in a chair with your feet on the floor, crisscross on a cushion, or you can lie down.
- Practice 5 breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth to ground and center.
- Return to your normal breath, in & out through your nose.
- Picture someone or something for whom you are grateful.
- Breathe into your heart, holding and feeling gratitude.
- Breathe out from your heart, sharing your feeling of gratitude in waves with your family, friends, pets, teachers & with the world.
- Try this for 1 minute. Work up to 2 minutes or longer.
Every evening before going to sleep, you can make a list of three people, pets, places, things, or activities that you are thankful for. You can write them in a journal to help support your gratitude practice. A daily gratitude practice may even help you to sleep sounder.
Sending you gratitude & a great night’s rest.
(To learn more about the Mindfulness & Heartfulness Meditation Course for Kids, please visit the Classes section of our site. Enter your name and email address to receive information on mentored Zoom and digital versions of the course.)